Onsite Instructor Led Training "Appreciating Diversity in the Workplace"
What is the mark of a successful organization? One who values diversity in the workplace and creates a work environment where everyone is respected.
Leading organizations acknowledge that working successfully with others who don’t share the same background, beliefs or traditions is a top priority in our current workplace. We help your employees discover the importance of working together, challenge their stereotypes and recognize the value the contributions of each team member.
Why should we be addressing diversity in the workplace now? One reason is that diversity within our workforce is increasing and will continue to increase significantly in the coming years. Therefore, organizations recognize the need for immediate action and are ready and willing to spend the resources on preparing their employees to be success in this new workplace.
If you're interested in having us customize this training program for you, please contact us.
This training program includes the following topics:
- What is diversity and why should we value it?
- How do we create a work environment of understanding, mutual respect and proactive inclusion
- How the changing population in the Unites States is affecting the workplace
- Laws of our country
- Why it's to everyone's best interest to work effectively with others
- Review of recent court cases
- Why do we tend to react most strongly to visible differences?
- Conversity - examining what we all have in common
- How are perceptions formed?
- Where do they come from?
- Identifying the factors that influence how we perceive others
- Identifying and assessing the impact of our past conditioning on our current attitudes about people who are different
- Where do our stereotypes come from?
- Where did we learn our biases that lead to prejudices?
- Barriers to intercultural communication
- Achieving inclusion in the workplace
- What to say and what not to say at work
- What is appropriate professional conduct?
- Practicing personal correctness and expecting the best
- What is expected from you at work
All of our training sessions are customized to meet your unique goals and objective and are available in a variety of delivery methods:
- Keynote Presentations
- Onsite Corporate Training
- Distance Learning / Online Training
- Webinars / Teleseminars
- 1/2 Day and Full-Day Seminars
We take the worry out of bringing a training session to your organization. Our fee structure is all inclusive for training across the United States and include:
- Phone consultations to customize your trainin gprogram and to ensure we understand your goals and objectives
- A program outline, after the consultation, for your review and approval
- Customization of your program
- Customization of your handouts, delivered to you in PDF file format
- Training delivered at your location
- All travel expenses (air, hotel, car and per diem)
Note: We combine any of our programs to meet your unique training needs - at no additional charge.
Build Your Own Seminar
We can mix and match topics from any of our other programs to meet your specific needs. New topics can be added.
If you're interested in this training program for your organization, please contact us.
We have designed hundreds of unique training programs for companies and organizations across the United States that met the needs of our clients in terms of budgeting and expected results. Our process for custom work is handled in four phases: Discovery, Design, Development and Delivery. If you choose to work with us, we'll begin with your initial consultation where we identify your issues, concerns, goals and help you select your training date.
Our clientele includes some of the most recognizable brands in the world: Abbot Laboratories, Anheuser-Busch, AT&T, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), City of New York, Fidelity Investments, Frito Lay, Hyatt Hotels, Johnson & Johnson, Lockheed Martin, Zurich and others.
I Need Something Else
No company is quite like yours. So, if you have a training need that demands a highly-specific solution, we can help. Customization allows you to align your company’s unique goals to the training.
One-on-One Confidential Training:
This training may be delivered in a variety of ways, including over the telephone or online.
Includes course name changes, minor searchable terminology changes and addition of logos.
Modify our courses to address your organization's specific needs, including modification of role playing and other exercises, cosmetic and terminology changes. Our pre-training analysis aligns course content, activities and examples with your organization's strategies, culture, and objectives to deliver a program tailored just for you.
For more specific or complex training initiatives, our design team can assess your organization's needs, then create a learning solution that is uniquely yours to help you achieve your business goals.
Newly created material to meet your objectives.