Onsite Instructor Led, "Business Email Etiquette: Make Them Effective and Professional" Training Program
Has Someone Ever Misunderstood Your Email for the Worst?
When you have only one employee to train, this program is also offered via webinars!
We all know that one of the major advantages of e-mail correspondence is that it provides us with a quick means of communication. Unfortunately, because it's a speedy means of communication, some interpret it as not needing much attention which opens the door to informality, disrespectful, aggresive, incomplete and sometimes offensive business e-mails. If your employees are not sensitive to the nuances of communicating correctly via e-mails the following can occur: miscommunication, misunderstandings, loss of productivity, loss of trust, loss of clients, bad reputation, or even worst - legal problems.
By requiring employees to use appropriate, businesslike language in all electronic communications, employers can limit their liability risks and improve the overall effectiveness of the organization's e-mail and improve your customers perception of your organization.
If you're interested in having us customize the onsite training program for you, please contact us.
Based on the needs of your employees, some of the topics that can be included in this training program are:
- The importance of the impression you make with your e-mail communications
- The dangers of e-mails for you and your company
- Mastering e-mail politics
- Creating your e-mail persona
- Review of the basic components
- Shaping your message
- Do you have to CC your boss every time?
- Creating a friendly tone
- Proper greetings and salutations
- Responding to e-mails
- Using the functionality of your e-mail tool
- Communicating via blackberry
- Specific guidelines for your industry
- Avoiding e-mail pet peeves
- Flaming? - Don’t watch what you say
- Eliminating sexist language
- Being culturally aware for international e-mails
- Deciding when not to use e-mail
- Coping with the in-box crunch
- The danger of forwarding e-mails
- Distribution issues
- The role of humility in e-mail exchanges
- Would you say this face-to-face?
- Creating an e-mail “Persona”
- Making a great first screen impression
- Be a courteous sender
- Review your overall presentation
- Proper etiquette in e-mail correspondence
- Keeping your reader’s terminal in mind
- Online diplomacy
- You are what you write
- Watch the tone of your questions
- Why must every e-mail be classified as “Urgent?”
- How to shape your message
- The importance of the salutation
- Start your e-mail on the right track
- Writing from the top down
- Using list to deliver your message clearly
- When to use lists
- Use numbered list for sequential items
- Use bulleted list to emphasize key points
- Structuring a long message
- Managing sentence length for readability
- Creating the right closure remark
- The importance of your signature line
- Edit before sending
- Choosing the right words
- Avoiding redundancy
- Using clichés sparingly to avoid miscommunication
- Making your e-mails sound more like "invitations" vs. "demands"
- Use of abbreviations & similes
- Common mistakes in business writing
- Create a friendly tone
- The tone of the message is critical
- Why you shouldn't use emotions
- Write messages from the positive point of view
- The effects on your reader when you use contractions
- Writing positively
- Watch the mechanics
• Checking your spelling
• Capitalizing correctly
• Watching your punctuation
• Avoiding run-on sentences
• Emphasizing text in your e-mail
- Timing your response
- The implications of sending abrupt “no” or "yes" responses
All of our training sessions are customized to meet your unique goals and objective and are available in a variety of delivery methods:
- Keynote Presentations
- Onsite Corporate Training
- Distance Learning / Online Training
- Webinars / Teleseminars
- 1/2 Day and Full-Day Seminars
We take the worry out of bringing a training session to your organization. Our fee structure is all inclusive for training across the United States and include:
- Phone consultations to customize your trainin gprogram and to ensure we understand your goals and objectives
- A program outline, after the consultation, for your review and approval
- Customization of your program
- Customization of your handouts, delivered to you in PDF file format
- Training delivered at your location
- All travel expenses (air, hotel, car and per diem)
Note: We combine any of our programs to meet your unique training needs - at no additional charge.
Build Your Own Seminar
We can mix and match topics from any of our other programs to meet your specific needs. New topics can be added.
If you're interested in this training program for your organization, please contact us.
We have designed hundreds of unique training programs for companies and organizations across the United States that met the needs of our clients in terms of budgeting and expected results. Our process for custom work is handled in four phases: Discovery, Design, Development and Delivery. If you choose to work with us, we'll begin with your initial consultation where we identify your issues, concerns, goals and help you select your training date.
Our clientele includes some of the most recognizable brands in the world: Abbot Laboratories, Anheuser-Busch, AT&T, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), City of New York, Fidelity Investments, Frito Lay, Hyatt Hotels, Johnson & Johnson, Lockheed Martin, Zurich and others.
I Need Something Else
No company is quite like yours. So, if you have a training need that demands a highly-specific solution, we can help. Customization allows you to align your company’s unique goals to the training.
One-on-One Confidential Training:
This training may be delivered in a variety of ways, including over the telephone or online.
Includes course name changes, minor searchable terminology changes and addition of logos.
Modify our courses to address your organization's specific needs, including modification of role playing and other exercises, cosmetic and terminology changes. Our pre-training analysis aligns course content, activities and examples with your organization's strategies, culture, and objectives to deliver a program tailored just for you.
For more specific or complex training initiatives, our design team can assess your organization's needs, then create a learning solution that is uniquely yours to help you achieve your business goals.
Newly created material to meet your objectives.